Mrs. Braud's Website!
WELCOME TO SECOND GRADE LANGUAGE ARTS!
I am looking forward to an exciting and rewarding year with your child. Thank you for your support!
Download the free Canvas app to continue to ACCESS YOUR CHILD'S COURSE.
Here are a few things you can do at home to help yourself become a life-long learner!
1. READ - anything and everything that interests you! (20 minutes of reading is required every school evening.)
2. Play chess
3. Keep a journal
4. Ask good questions
5. Get involved in a group that helps others
6. Read the newspaper - not just the comics!
7. Play strategy games
8. Create your own puzzles or riddles
9. Build something
10. Listen to all kinds of music
11. Paint a picture
12. Create cards for friends and family members! How about cards for people in the military?
13. Find examples of similes, metaphors, strong verbs, or excellent descriptive words in your personal reading or writing. Bring them to share.
14. Practice handwriting!
15. Write paragraphs, e-mails to friends, letters, poems, stories, etc.